Thursday, May 04, 2006

Poll reveals Connecticut's favorite baseball team

There seems to be some discussion about which team is more popular in Connecticut, the Red Sox or the Yankees. As if there was any dispute.

My friend Archie, a New England native is often accused of being a Sox fan because of his roots. Not so. Couldn't be further from the truth. link

While I was recently visiting CT I noticed more Sox hats than I remembered in the past. If it wasn't for one measly World Series in 80 or so years, one particular team wouldn't be so obnoxiously popular.

Here is the poll results, as reported by the unbiased Hartford Courant: article

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets go mets

Matt said...

12 percent, Annie.

Matt said...

I accidentally deleted a post from Sheila where she states such craziness as "the Red Sox are more fun to watch."
She also shared deep insight too: she has notices an increased number of Sox hats in "Tejas" too.