Thursday, February 03, 2005

GMC Canyon -- might be the car for me

So I am evaluating new cars, right? right. and turns out that there is a discount program with my company with GMC. Good deal. Well, I am not sure exactly how good the deal is yet, but I will find out soon.
Anyway, I am now looking at the GMC Canyon CrewCab. Even though my crew consists of my beautiful and brilliant wife, and my cute and adorable kid, I think that for a LONG-TERM decison vehicle to replace my beloved Jeep Wrangler Sahara, it might be the best bet. Add a sunroof and a retractable rear window and now we are talking!
I will first have to go to Carmax and see what they will offer me for the Jeep. That will gauge how much I think I can get for the car if I sold it throught the newspaper. It might just be easier to sell it to Carmax -- save the hassle, get a little less money. We will pay off the wife's car with that money and the IRS tax refund !!BOFFO!! time for a new car for Matt.
I can't say I am not anxious about it -- happy and sad. I will miss that Jeep a lot. I have already made a deal with myself that I might forego the Porche of my future mid-life crisis to get a replacement Jeep 10 years from now. By that time it will OK for the kid to ride with me in the Jeep. can't wait. can't wait.

No comments: