Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Bowl Sunday... or just another excuse to think of Baseball?

Super Bowl Sunday is here and it's the New England Patriots vs. the Philidelphia Eagles. I think that the Pats will win it again to make it 3 times in 4 years. I think that would be pretty cool, and since I am into the Yankees, I am obviously in favor of DYNASTIES!!!
But seriously, with all this pre-game football hoopla going on, with all of the wierd gambling opportunities (the best I heard was this one: The total number of points scored in the game, vs. the total number of points the LA Clippers score, minus 70. MINUS SEVENTY! hahaha), all I can think about is the upcoming fantasy baseball season.
We have been doing this league for a while, this will be the fifth year. I think that is pretty cool. And we have a bunch who are repeat guests, some newbies to the league, and a few of the original players way back in 2001. I think that we got our 12 teams settled:
Jon H. -- KDS employee (2nd year in league)
Jer K. -- my CT best friend from the way-back machine (2rd year)
Paul K. -- Jer's brother (2nd year)
Wayne S. -- KDS (original Gangsta)
Tony C. -- KDS (O.G.)
Me (MD) -- KDS (O.G.)
Carolyn F. -- KDS (rookie)
Sean W. -- former KDS (O.G.)
Lance D. -- former KDS (4 year veteran)
Mhouze -- Wayne's buddy (2nd year)
Roy A. -- KDS (O.G.)
Shawn C. -- my friend from Marietta (rookie)
Now, don't let these cat's "rookie status" deceive you -- they have probably played Fantasy Baseball in one form or another for a while, so they are serious challengers.
Wayne has been the commissioner in the past, but he is giving up the reins to me this year. We had considered going "keeper league" but that would require a great deal of work for a long time and I don't know if we have the ganas (spanish for 'desire' or 'will') for that. I think that we can make our Fantasy Football league a keeper league because the management that it would require is a little less intensive.
Anyway, Spring training is coming up and I am already eyeing some of the "prize" players -- some sleeper stars and a few super stars. I will post rosters and predictions coming up soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: