Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yes, Yes, I'm moving! Sorta.

I may have mentioned on my Facebook page that I am packing up my house. I didn't explain it anymore than that. Perhaps I should have.

Here are some of the comments:

  • "Where you moving to? Come join me out in San Francisco!"
  • "?"
  • "Yea, where are Ack Estates going to be located?"
  • "Denver is ready for you."
  • "Hey ramblin boy why don't you settle down. Denver ain't your kind of town."
  • "Talked to your wife! Soooo glad you guys aren't moving to Denver. I was worried!"
  • "Jennifer, can you fill me in on the status of Chateau Ack? Or anybody?!?!?!"
  • "Yes, the goateed one has been very quiet the last few days on this"
  • "I think Matt wants to leave you all in suspense. I won't take away his fun!"
  • "Matt -- just talked to your wife -- good luck in your move to Kiev, Ukraine! What a bold an exciting move. I hear it's nice this time of year!"
  • "We're moving?" (that one was my wife)
  • "Where does one get a box big enough to pack a house into?"

Okay, so here's the news. We are clearing out the house in hopes that we can get it in a sellable condition. We are also going to be spending a lot of time with my Mother-In-Law as she recovers from her knee surgery. I'm hoping that we can sell the house quickly, camp at the MIL's house for a while (she has an expansive basement, almost an entire ranch house), and save up a whopper of a down payment.

We haven't started looking for a house. We haven't moved anywhere. We aren't going anywhere yet. Yet. And I'll try not to ask you to help move my stuff when that day comes.

No comments: