Tuesday, December 30, 2008

There's something in there...

There is something in our dehumidifier, and i'm too chicken to see what it is.


My Wonderful Wife noticed a strange clicking/scratching noise coming from the dehumidifier.  The water catch basin is connected by a hose to a pipe leading outside of the house.  I'm not sure if there is any kind of screen on the end of the pipe, which would prevent entry into the pipe and hose.

Anyway, the noise showed up today, and she wanted me to see what I thought.  I listened, didn't hear anything, and dismissed it.  When she came down to listen again, there it was, just as she expected it.

Great.  Now I can hear it.  
I have chill bumps all over my body thinking about what could possibly be hiding in my dehumidifier.  
I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts with no shoes or socks.  When I finally get up the nerve to open up the catch basin I'll have to outfit myself with long pants and boots, just in case.  I'll probably also need my dead-blow mallet, too, to provide some good melee action.  Maybe I'll also need a shovel to scoop up the dead carcass (*shiver) or to use in a defensive tennis move to ward off any jumping attackers.

I seriously need to quit the horror movies.
Actually, I haven't watched any in a while...
I seriously need to stop reading Stephen King books.

No comments: