Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The curse lives on.

At five o'clock tonight, my Wonderful Wife noticed that my daughter's fever was not going away with Tylenol.  We had figured that it was just a plain old ear infection, just like she always gets, so running her to the walk-in clinic for a prescription will be the best thing to do.


Three hours, one copay, and a Strep test later, we find out there is no ear infection, but rather a case of Strep.  Awesome.  She can no longer be sent off to Grandma's for the night, and that ends the plans.

I've convinced my WW that this is not a stretch of bad luck, but rather a curse.  We will have to see what happens next year.

Now, if I can stop being Mr. Matthew Moperson, and quit being such a mope, my wonderful wife might be able to tolerate me better.  The kid is finally in bed, I've rented a movie to watch (Burn After Reading), and at least I have the love and company of a beautiful woman.

I'll be fine tomorrow.

2 comments:

Meg said...

What did you think of Burn?
Happy New Year-

Matt said...

Good Question!~
Good enough for a whole topic.