Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just let Ryan do it.

It has been too long since I have posted, and my head is filling up with too many random thoughts. I just need to share some of them.

Was it just me, or did Dick Clark mess up the New Year's Eve Countdown.
Fifteen, Fourteen, Thirteen, *mmmph*, *mmph*, eight, seven, six... and so on. I lost four seconds off my year. Thanks, Dick. I realize you are recovering from stroke and that you have made great improvements, but DANG! This is live television! Let's just let Ryan Seacrest do it next year. Maybe Dunkleman will join him.

Sidebar: there is no way that Mariah Carey wasn't freezing in that outfit. She sure did seem a bit "happy" to be there... did you notice that too? And when did she become so "voluptuous?" E-gad, I couldn't decide what was more distracting, Mariah's skimpy outfit or trying to decipher what Dick was saying at that time. Ugh. Not my favorite New Year's Eve TV moment. But that may have everything to do with the fact that I was more sober than I had ever been on a NYE, since I was eighteen? Maybe. Two kids and one less than a month old sure does curb your New Years Eve party experience.

Happy New Year!! What is your resolution?
I have thirty more pounds to lose. I'd like to see the inside of 200, and it would be great to hit 190. If I can start running again, I'd like to run the Peachtree Roadrace on July 4th. That one might be a stretch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally messed up the count. And was Dick smooching in a way-too-long-for-tv New Year's kiss in the studio?

We had a very quiet evening since our morning was so eventful with the accident and all. Ian was fast asleep by 10.

Matt said...

Glad to hear that I am not the only one to have a "quiet" NYE!