Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm on the Board

I have been asked to participate on the Board of the Cobb County Summer Singers, a community choir in it's freshman year. I am flattered by the invitation, and I am excited about the possibilities.
Frankly, when it comes down to it, I am overjoyed with the opportunity to participate in a project like this. It is putting everything I learned putting the Gasball Music Festival on to good use. I don't know if I get an actual title other than Board Member, but there are only five of us so far and the responsibilities are huge. It is up to us to successfully launch, promote and produce a successful singing group performing a concert at the end of the summer.
At our first board meeting the other day, at the local Rib Ranch (yep, we are in the Deep South), we came up with out Mission Statement:
"To offer a Joyful opportunity for singers from our diverse Community
to perform together in annual summer concerts,
providing excellent programs featuring sacred and secular choral music, and
contributing to a deeper appreciation for the Arts while strengthening the bonds of our community Spirit."

I like it. This is gonna be a blast.

No comments: