Friday, June 02, 2006

Digital Cable

A few years ago, during my apartment living daze in the Deep South, my roommates convinced me that getting the "digital cable upgrade" from our basiv cable would be a good idea. It would offer us many more options including a whole host of movie channels. Sounded good to me. Plus, it wouldn't be a huge increase in cost since we had our internet bundled in with that service. Even better.
Not long after that, I found myself at work, day-dreaming while on the phone with a customer. Day dreaming enough that I was typing up a stream-of-consiousness poem that I kept to this day. What's remarkable isn't that I actually wrote a poem, something that I loathed throughout my college career as an English Major. What's interesting is the actual content of the poem itself -- a timely explanation of why I was zoning out at work. Here is the poem:
Fast connection.
Super speed is my internet.
Watch the frames
Speed by in Digital.
Digital mind.
Digital Computers.
Digital watch.
Digital world.
Digital cable.
Lots of additional movie channels.
Always something on.
Get less sleep.

-- Matt, January 2002

No comments: