Sunday, November 25, 2007

Oh, Jesus!

The Family celebrated Thanksgiving Day at Mo and Bill's house this year. It was a great day, and the kids had a lot of fun playing with all the cousins. Mo is an Episcopal priest, and her prayers before our meals are always a treat. There was so much food, and we all stuffed ourselves. Even the kids ate well for a change.
By the end of the night, it was pajama time. My Wonderful Wife carried one kid and I carried the other up to Paddy's room to change them for bedtime. Little Bubba was exhausted, so getting him into his PJs was fairly easy. Big Sis, on the other hand, was still riled up from all the holiday excitement. We finally got her head through her pajama top, but she struggled to push her hand through. "Oh, Jesus!" she stated plainly.
Well, in my head, there was nothing plain about it. I couldn't believe my ears. Where the heck did she hear that before? I can't imagine where she could have picked that up. And she was actually using it in context, too. I was shocked.
And then she pushed her hand through... and in her hand was Paddy's little Jesus action figure. It was like a little Buddy Christ. You couldn't imagine my relief.

No comments: