Monday, April 17, 2006

Now I understand why she didn't answer her phone.

Not long ago I tried to call my sister on her phone but the number was disconnected. I just figured that no one told me that she switched services or that she's now sharing a line with her boyfriend. No big deal, I'll find out what her new number is eventually, right?
In the true spirit of this blog, I just found out that my sister was mugged recently. It happened a few weeks ago I guess, I still don't have the whole story.
The part I heard goes something like this: on the way home from my friend Archie's sister's birthday celebration, two hoodlums rode up on bicycles to my sister, KB, and her friends. They ripped KB's purse off of her arm and rode off with it.
There were witnesses, but none who responded to her pleas for help. She called for people to help her stop the two robbers, but no one would assist her.
KB is, to my relief, safe and sound. She has replaced her phone too, so I expect her to call me and explain this entire event to me soon.
Details to come.

Speaking of Archie...
I am playing him in my fantasy baseball league this week. Gateway Archrivals vs. Scooby's Snacks (that's me). Wish me luck! ...I'll need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh poor KB. As a recent victim of a purse snatching I understand how maddening that can be. Was anything recovered? Yikes. I'm glad to hear she is okay, but that is no fun.
The worst part for me was that I was so mad that I couldn't catch the guy--what would I have done if I had I have no idea but it's a Wonder Woman type fantasy of catching bad guys. Marty and I ran and yelled and the dude was stupid enough to be caught by the Secret Service(yes, I know a true DC story).
Tell KB I hope she is okay and is feeling more at ease again. how is her little one?